Monday, September 29, 2014

Rapper TI gets key to the city of Jackson - Mississippi News Now



"I've seen people rise from the wreckage, make corrections, adjust themselves and move forward and progress better than before," Source: WLBT"I've seen people rise from the wreckage, make corrections, adjust themselves and move forward and progress better than before," Source: WLBT


"The most important thing in life you can acquire is an education," Source: WLBT"The most important thing in life you can acquire is an education," Source: WLBT


"Me being a convicted felon, that's a reflection of my mistakes," he said. "My mistakes, they're in the past. They don't define me. Source: WLBT"Me being a convicted felon, that's a reflection of my mistakes," he said. "My mistakes, they're in the past. They don't define me. Source: WLBT


"There's nothing holding you back," said TI. There's nothing limiting you from reaching your goals except for you." Source: WLBT"There's nothing holding you back," said TI. There's nothing limiting you from reaching your goals except for you." Source: WLBT



JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

Rapper TI made a special visit to the Mississippi Wednesday. He received a warm welcome throughout the capital city.


A motorcade welcomed him to the capital city for a frank talk with students.


"The most important thing in life you can acquire is an education," TI told them.


His first stop was Northwest Middle School. He came to Jackson at the invitation of Mayor Tony Yarber.


"There's nothing holding you back," said TI. There's nothing limiting you from reaching your goals except for you."


During his visit to Forest Hill High School there were more words to encourage and inspire an audience of excited and screaming fans.


"You have to prepare yourself for success," TI told the students.


The Atlanta recording artist also addressed his past arrests with the media and how he hopes they will help young people make wiser decisions.


"Me being a convicted felon, that's a reflection of my mistakes," he said. "My mistakes, they're in the past. They don't define me. They help contribute to the man that I have become. They help improve me."


TI is a reality TV star, record producer, actor, husband and father.


"We welcome you as a part of the Jackson, Mississippi, family," said Mayor Tony Yarber.


His official visit ended on the steps of City Hall where Mayor Yarber presented TI with a key to the city.


"There was a lot said about this key," said Mayor Yarber. "It's about the young people who he impacted today. It's about the fact that when my son saw him get out of the bus, he started shaking."


"I've seen people rise from the wreckage, make corrections, adjust themselves and move forward and progress better than before," said TI. "So if I can do it and I can show them that it can be done, then there lies hope."


A message from a southerner who has released 8 albums earning him three Grammy awards and millions of fans worldwide.


After his visit with city and government officials, TI returned to Atlanta to celebrate his birthday. Thursday, Clifford "TI" Harris, Jr. turns 34.


Copyright 2014 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment